Published on April 14th, 2014 | by Dapper Dan0
Avengers: Age Of Ultron – The Vision To Follow Comic Origin?
British actor , and voice of Iron Man’s J.A.R.V.I.S., Paul Bettany was on the Jimmy Kimmel show discussing his role as the super synthezoid, The Vision, in the currently-filming Avengers: Age Of Ultron.
During the interview Bettany said he wasn’t allowed to say exactly what powers he’d have in the film, but did say they’re along the lines of the comic version, albeit with what they’ve decided to “pick and choose”
Given that the comic Vision had super-strength, flight, density control and could fire a laser from his forehead, the film version could well be one of the toughest characters in the film. Hulk-shmulk!
Here’s where it gets interesting;
– Bettany is currently in London filming scenes set in the 1940s.
– Comic Vision was created by Ultron from the chassis of Professor Horton’s original Human Torch synthezoid from the 1940’s.
– Captain America: The First Avenger featured a “blink and you’ll miss it” shout out to Professor Horton and his creation:
So… I’m thinking Movie Vision will follow his Comic counterpart and be built from, or based on, Horton’s Synthetic Man as I doubt they’d want to muddy the waters and have their own Human Torch while Fox still have the Fantastic Four rights.
Writer/Editor for @NeedToConsume
1/3 of @3Bods1Pod
Latest posts by Dapper Dan (see all)
- 3Bods1Pod – Episode 88: Kojima’s Emancipation, Doctor Who Finale & Bungie Get Grabby - December 24, 2015
- 3Bods1Pod – Episode 87: Mockingjay, Games Awards & Big Reveals - December 13, 2015
- The Wicked + The Divine 15 – Comic Review - November 11, 2015